Pages

Monday, June 23, 2014

John 14:26 - Purpose of the Holy Ghost

Hey Family!

   Well I spent too much time thinking about my answers for the survey and now I have practically no time at all to write the email.  I´ll give you all an update on the recent converts that have been baptized in the past 2 months.

Makarena- Remember how she began coming to church after her house burnt down?  Well she has been continuing strong and yesterday she had an interview with the Bishop so that she can go to the temple in Santiago on July 5th and do baptisms for the dead!  She is loving the Young Women´s program.

Veronica - One of the best converts of my mission.  She has taken everything in and now is working super hard on her Family History so that she can perform the baptism on July 5th.  A quick miracle: She thought that her mom, who is Baptist, would never give her permission to be baptized for her grandmother, but after a long phone call where she shared her testimony about the family history work, Veronica obtained permission to be baptized for her grandmother!  She began crying when she told us that experience.

Camila - She was confirmed member of the Church yesterday and passed her temple interview with the Bishop right after the meetings!  Her favorite passage in the Book of Mormon up to this point is the mourning of Nephi in 2 Nephi 4.  She printed out the verses and framed them on her wall.

   I have loved being able to be in Valparaiso for 6 months because I have been able to see the personal progression of every single one of my converts.  I will be able to apply the examples and teachings that they have left me in my entire life!

Love,
Elder Weidman

No comments:

Post a Comment