Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

DyC 84:88 - I'll be on your right and on your left

Hey Family!

  Do you all want to know how I feel right now?  Let me tell you then.  This morning in our companionship study, Elder Swindler and I read a talk by Elder Tad R. Callister called ¨A Consecrated Missionary¨ (mom you sent me this talk about a year ago and it changed my mission).  In that talk, Elder Callister explains the change of nature that a missionary must have in order to become as the missionaries in the Book of Mormon.  Near the end his talk, he mentions about Roger Bannister who broke the 4 minute mile. ¨He collapsed at the finish line into the hands of his well-wishers¨. I feel that I am running the same race and that I have now approached the last 100 meters.  If I don´t give it my all and keep sprinting even through the finish line, everything will have been in vain.  The Lord has set the standards for this mile race and He has said that one must serve with all their heart, might, mind, and strength until the ¨Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.¨ So now to answer the question: I feel great! I have realized that through out my mission, I have always dedicated all my efforts in serving the Lord.  My willingness to leave everything behind began the day that I entered the MTC.  The difference, however, is that now I have studied Preach My Gospel from cover to cover and know how to apply it in the Work so that the Spirit is the true teacher.  I have the same determination and devotion but the big change is that, through deep study and meditation, I can truly say that I love Jesus Christ and I understand what I must do in order to have His Atoning Blood convert me into a consecrated servant.  I invite all who read this to consider the blessings that come to each and everyone of us due to the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Let His blood and sacrifice free you from the bonds of the Adversary! It is the one thing that we must do while in this earthy life so that our family can live together forever. I hope that you can feel the testimony and love that I now have of Jesus Christ.  I love you all!

Elder Weidman

No comments:

Post a Comment