Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Alma 26:27 - Turn to the Lord for comfort


Hey family!

       What a crazily fast week it has been.  I leave for Chile tomorrow and I'm super excited to get to talk to you all!  Cafe Rio at the airport is also going to be delicious.  And of course the first time that I'll be in public as an official missionary.  What a crazy thought!

       Over my time at the MTC I have learned that patience is truly a virtue.  It is a hard attribute to gain, but it is possible through Christ and Heavenly Father.  I have realized that as I am patient that Lord will grant me blessings.  Blessings that only come from being patient.  Everything is on the Lord's timetable.  I am the means to which His timetable can be fullfilled.  Not all of it of course, but the segment of it that He needs me for.  The Lord knows all.  He knows when a certain person needs the Gospel.  The whole earth is on the timetable of the Lord. 
       
       I have also learned how to endure trials through patience.  The trials of Spanish, lack of sleep, home sickness, and of course the food have all been a present at the MTC. The Lord has a purpose in all things.  This thought brings me comfort. Also, the perfect example of Christ has guided me along this experience.  His pure example of love has made me become not only a better leader, but a better brother.  Both a physical and spiritual brother to all.  The Lord has provided me with comfort and I truly thank Him for that.  I would not have been able to survive these past 2 months without Him.  Now don't get me wrong, I loved the MTC!  But there are some challenging times that every missionary faces, and I realized how the Lord is always there is be your leader.  To be the most faithful companion there is. And I must be a faithful servant to Him.

       In order to have patience, you must have faith and hope.  A hope that something positive will come out of your patience. A hope that there is always a brighter future ahead. A faith that Heavenly Father is watching over you and truly loves you.  Patience is not possible without these two.

       I have also noticed the patience that others have. They are great examples to me and I strive to be like them. This has made me realize that other may be watching me.  I need to be patient.  I have no idea when someone is watching me, is looking up to me.  In Alma 17:11 it says "Ye shall be patient in long suffering and afflictions that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me."  Patience is a Christlike Attribute.  Others realize the love you have for them when you are patient for them.

        Patience for me all comes down to trusting the Lord.  Mosiah 7:18-19 has been a scripture of comfort for me this past 2 months.  We will always face trials.  It's impossible to avoid them.  But if we trust in the Lord and REJOICE then our burdens will become smaller.  He will lessen the amount of bumps that we face in life as well as lessen the size of them.  He is truly our Heavenly Father and his love unbelievable.
The city of Coppell is in my prayers.  During hard times like these, it is best to turn to the Lord. He is waiting for the prayers of His children.

        I'm also praying that the wounds BYU has received from Oregon State will be healed quickly.

I'm praying for all of you!

Elder Weidman

No comments:

Post a Comment