Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

John 15:4-5 Abide in Christ. Branch cannot bring forth fruit without vine.

Hey family!!
   This past week was a bitter sweet one.  Elder King transferred to
Valpo (Valparaiso) yesterday.  He was a great missionary and trainer
for me. I pray that he is able to follow the Spirit and continue to
bring people unto Christ.  He was a great example to me and I will
forever thank him for that.  My new companion is Elder Crist.  Every
Chilean that meets him always says ¨¿Como Cristo? JAJAJAJA¨ It´s
hilarious. It means ¨like Christ? HAHAHAHA¨ He´s from Arizona, has 6
months left on the mission, and will be my trainer for the remaining 6
weeks of my training.
   The branch is really loving here in Limarí. When Elder King said
his goodbyes to them, they were very sad for him but they kept
reassuring me that everything would be alright.  That they would help
me.  This past week was a big step for my Spanish.  Suddenly I can
actually have full on conversation with the members and investigators!
Of course there are still some words that I need to ask about, but I
can get the gist (for the older generation. Gist means main message)
of what they are saying. They really have become family to me and I am
excited to spend Christmas and my birthday here with them.  Don´t
worry, they aren´t replacing you all. Only adding to the family.
   Patricia has a sure baptismal date now! The 15th of December. We
had a really spiritual lesson about ¨La Familia: Una Proclamación para
El Mundo¨. After reading the message, Patricia understood why she
needed to be baptized.  To set an example for her children.  She´s
known this whole time that she needs to be baptized, but she´s been
procrastinating the day.  Now she´s fully ready.  It´s sad that Elder
King won´t be here for her baptism, but she knows the amount of effort
he put in and that´s all that matters.
   We received the news that hermanas (sister missionaries) will be
coming to Limarí next change! This means more work for the ward as
well as the elders this change.  I realized that there are some areas
in our branch that we never visit, so this past week we made it a goal
to spend half a day in one of these areas to find new people.  What a
great experience that was.  I felt like one of the early apostles
going to a foreign land without a knowledge of what would happen.  We
had no map. Nothing.  But we were able to set 4 appointments and we
placed 3 Books of Mormons.  We would have given more but we ran out.
It´s a good 30 minute walk to this area but it´s worth it.  I have a
feeling that this area will become a prime working area in the next
change.  Especially since there will be 4 missionaries working in
Limarí. President Káhnlein told us that there are going to be at least
one pair of hermanas in every zone.  EVERY ZONE! That´s crazy sauce.
We have none right now and be the end of next change we will have 4
hermanas in the zone.  The work force is growing rapidly.  We will see
the results of the constant labor in the next few years. Grand
results.
   Today is our P-day because of transfers.  I found out that every
first P-day of each change is on Tuesday due to the transfers being on
Monday.  Yesterday was a sweet experience as well.  I was slightly
nervous to have a new companion because he had no knowledge of the
area there for it was up to me to find the appointments and all that
jazz.  I prayed continually throughout the day for comfort and
direction and The Lord heard my prayers.  I felt that someone was
along side me directing me the whole time.  It was amazing. Also I had
to talk alot more than usual yesterday, and I realized that I don´t
have to think in English before I speak anymore.  Like I said early, I
can carry out a conversation in Spanish now!  The Gift of Tongues is
the only way that I have been able learn and understand so rapidly.
The Lord is aware of my needs and I have faith that as I give all my
effort, He will help me along the way.
   I still haven´t heard anything about how or when I´ll call on
Christmas.  I should know all the details by the end of this week.
Congratulations on the cat Marsh and Rach!!  I hope that he or she is
just as great as Vlad. If you want another cat just let me know. Or a
dog.  I can pick one off the street here and send it to you.  And that
goes for the whole family.
   I continue to pray for all of you!
Elder Weidman The Great

No comments:

Post a Comment