Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Ether 12:4 - Let faith become your anchor

Hey Family!
 
  Long time no see!  It was great being able to talk to you all yesterday.  The family that was there said that I have the perfect family, especially my nieces and nephew.  They´re sure right.  Thanks for being awesome!

   My companion, who is from Florida, was a bit sick this past week.  We had to spend a couple of days in the pension, but that didn´t stop us the days that he was good in health!  In one morning, we performed service for this older member who lives literally in a shack.  He used steel sheets to make the walls of his house, but the inside is amazing because it is full of pictures of Christ and things pertaining to the Gospel. He only let´s us do service, or share a scripture with him if we play dominos with him after.  So I am a pro at that game now! Not really, but I´m always happy playing Dominos with this old man because he always has a smile on his face.

   Our investigator, Cam, has had the same problem for a long time but we just found out what it was this past week: fear of asking permission from her mom to be baptized! We showed her an amazing Mormon Message called ¨Tocar el Corazon de Nuestros Jovenes¨(I don´t know the title in English) and after she had the courage to ask her mom (who isn´t a member, the dad is) for permission.  The mom was 100% supportive of the daughter and wants the entire family to be there for Cam´s baptism this Saturday!!  Cam´s smile once her mom said that was one that I will never forget.
 
  While my companion was sick,  I went on an interchange with another elder serving in Con Con so that our work wouldn´t stop completely.  We prayed to begin, and we guided to contact for 2 hours in this very rich part of Con Con( most call this part the USA of Chile).  Missionaries have never worked there because they all believed that everyone would reject them.  We found the exact opposite when we went.  There were tons of people walking in the streets and they were all very kind and receptive!  We were able to gain 3 new investigators due to that small 2 hour interchange.

   The picture is my first meal of Sushi in Chile!  This meal healed my companion.
 
  I love you all and pray for you!

Elder Weidman

No comments:

Post a Comment