Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Doctrine & Covenants 58:26-27 - Don't be a sloth!

Hey family! 

   The title of this email is intended for no one in specific. Except maybe Mary. I wasn´t able to write yesterday because we had a conference with the President in Viña Del Mar.  It was an amazing conference and right now my companion and I have a stronger desire to work, especially contacts in the street.  He showed us a video of a man named Randy Bouch (I think that´s his name). In this video, Randy had cancer and only had a few months left to live.  Instead of thinking of his death and mourning for the small time he had left, he gave motivational speeches and helped others overcome the troubles in life.  The main point of his speech was that we need to focus on the good in life.  Life is not for mourning or weeping, but for living with happiness. President told me that it was called ¨The Last Speech¨ or something like that... I´m pretty sure it was on the Oprah Show because her faced popped up a few times during the video. I strongly encourage all to watch this motivational video.

  B, the young man who used to be a video game addict, is getting baptized this Saturday!! I want to share the experience of how he received an answer about the date of his baptism.  B has always known that he should be baptized but he always had a fear that it was too fast.  He would never except a date to be baptized. During a lesson this past week, an idea came to my mind.  Actually it was a memory.  I remembered that when I was younger during one school year, I was choosing the classes I should take for the next school year. I was struggling with which classes I should take and mom one day invited me to pray about the classes.  She encouraged me to write down all the classes on a sheet of paper and then have a yes or no back next to each class.  She told me to pray until I knew the exact answer about each class.  I believe that due to this experience, I am on the mission right now. The choices I made in high school were effected by this experience.  Anyways, The Spirit brought this memory to my mind and I knew exactly what I needed to do. I grabbed a little piece of paper from my agenda, wrote the 23rd of March on it, and then drew a yes or no box next to it.  I invited B to pray about this exact date and not stop praying until he could mark one of the boxes.  He agreed to pray and that night he called us and excitedly told us that he was going to be baptized the 23rd! I will send photos next week of his baptism.  I will never forget that experience.

   Right now, we have many investigators that have potential to be baptized next month.  We have really seen miracles here in Con Con as we have dedicated hours each day to contacting in the street. We will see within the next week what happens with each of these investigators.  I don´t know if I mentioned last week, but we are visiting this older member who has cancer.  Her family knows that she will pass away soon so they are trying to cherish the last few weeks with her.  She and her grandson are members.  Through the spirit of this old woman, her whole family has now felt the love of God. We have sung many hymns with the family and usually all end singing in tears.  Every visit is a sweet experience and now the whole family is beginning to learn about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
 
  Have a good week! I´m still praying everyday for you all!

Elder Weidman


No comments:

Post a Comment