Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

D&C 68:5-6 Don't Fear, Be of Good Cheer

Hey Family!

   First, before anything, I want to congratulate Lyle for his mission call to Rio, Brazil!!  He´ll be a great missionary and friend to those waiting to receive the Gospel from him. WOOHOO!

   A quick update on my life.  Right now I´m a Zone Leader in Quillota, therefore I won´t have as much time to write every week due to all the forms and numbers that we have to send to the office.  I´m still going to try to send an update of my investigators every week, but sorry if the emails are a bit smaller than usual.  We are in charge of 18 missionaries here in Quillota and all of them are amazing.  They all have desires to serve their Heavenly Father and are always looking for ways to improve.  I pray that I can be an instrument in the Lord´s Hands as I serve with these missionaries for the next few months.  If anyone has a few tips or pointers on how to be a successful leader, feel free to send them my way!  I´m always trying to improve in the roles that Heavenly Father has given me.  

   Tuesday morning, I was informed that I would be leaving Parte Alta.  Even though I was only there for 3 months,  I was truly a bit sad when I had to say goodbye to the members and investigators.  They have become my family and we have shared many spiritual moments together that I will never forget.  My companion was very nervous when he heard I was leaving because that meant that he was left to direct the area.  I know that will do great because the Lord always will help when He commands us to do something.  The truth in that statement is unbelievable.  This is His Church, therefore He knows what is needed in every aspect of the Work of Salvation.  Whether it be with missionaries, young men, Primary, Priesthood quorums, Relief Society, or simply raising a family in the house,  everything we do should be directed towards bringing about the Lord´s Work.  I have seen the blessings that come from true dedication while on the mission and know that each of us can equally consecrate our lives to serving the Lord.  If you don´t know how,  pray to Him and you will receive a quick answer.  

   On Wednesday,  we took a 6 hour bus ride to arrive to Viña Del Mar for the transfer meeting.  Right when I got off the bus, we were put to work by helping unload the suitcases and arranging things for the meeting.  Once everthing was ready,  the meeting started and I was informed that I was going to Quillota as a Zone Leader.  Usually Presidente Kahnlain extends the leadership assignments by phone the night before the transfer meetings, but he was sick this time and wasn´t able to, therefore I found out on the spot about being a zone leader.  My companion, Elder Sosa, was my zone leader for a change in my previous area but now we´re together here in Quillota, working to save a few more souls through baptism and temple covenants.  Elder Sosa is from Uruguay, but lived in London for a few years of his life so he knows a bit of English.  He is a hard working, yet hilarious missionary and I am blessed to have him as my companion.  Quillota is very different from Parte Alta but the spirit of the work is the same so we will continue working no matter the circumstances.  I don´t really know the investigators or members to well right now due to the little time I´ve been here but I will give you a better update next week on what is happening here in Quillota.  

     This morning I Jimmered it up in basketball.  I still got skills.

I love and pray for you all!
Elder Weidman

No comments:

Post a Comment