Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A great experience

Hey Mom and Dad,
   I wanted to let you both know about an experience I had this past Friday.  The morning started with us sending all of the District Leaders of the zone off to Viña Del Mar for a meeting of District Leaders. The companions of them were left in the area of one of the District Leaderr, the area closest to ours. We had around 7 planned appointments for the rest of the day, 5 of which were in the nighttime after 6 o clock.  At around 6:30, a sister companionship called us to tell us that they had an investigator who was going to have a baptismal interview in 30 minutes with one of the elders who was in Viña.  Through much calling, we realized that this Elder wouldn´t arrive back to Quillota in time for the interview, therefore we needed to do it.  At that moment, the minutes on our phone for calling investigators and members ran out which meant that we had no way to call our appointments for the nighttime. We told the sister missionaries to push the interview till 8 o clock because it took around an hour to travel to their sector.  We arrived to the interview, were able to pull it off with no worries, and returned to the apartment at 9:59. (In our mission, the rule is that we need to be back at the pension at 10 o clock if we are in an appointment).  I was a bit stressed out due to the lack of contact we had with our investigators and all the unexpected things that we had to do that night, therefore I offered a little prayer of help and opened the General Conference Ensign of May.  I turned directly to President Monson´s talk about obedience and began reading.  Immediately one phrase caught my attention.  The prophet said ¨Young men, I hope you appreciate the sacrifices which your parents so willingly make in order for you to serve.  Their labors will sustain you, their faith encourage you, their prayers uphold you,. A mission is a family affair. Though the expanse of continents or oceans may separate, hearts are as one.¨ I felt that President Monson was talking directly to me.  In that moment I felt the prayers that you both, and the family, always make for my behalf.  My mood immediately changed and I realized that I had no reason to be stressed out or frustrated for being a missionary and helping others.  The Lord has called me to be here and the prayers of my friends and family are continually supporting me.  What made things even better during this moment was the Mormon Tabernacle Choir ¨Called to Serve¨ started playing while I was reading the talk.  I sweet experience that I will always cherish.  Thanks for all your prayers!
Have a great week!  Love you all!
Elder Weidman

No comments:

Post a Comment