Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Helaman 10:17 - Let the Spirit guide you

Hey Family!

   This week has been an awesome week! I don´t think I have enough time to write all the amazing things that happened this week, but I´ll try to summarize it with the key parts. Also to let you all know, this week is the week of changes.  I´m have a feeling that I will stay here in Con Con, but I don´t know about my companion.  Whatever the Lord says!

  First I´ll start with a little recap of last week.  Like I said in my last email, last week was a bit rough for Elder Rivera and I.  We worked very hard with no results.  Last Sunday, we were both a bit disappointed and we ended our nightly planning with a prayer.  Through that prayer, we received a reassurance from our Heavenly Father that everything was alright.  That we had overcome the difficult week and that miracles were in the future.  I will never forget that experience I had with Elder Rivera. 
 
 Throughout the week, Elder Rivera and I saw the hand of the Lord in many occasions.  He would place people that were ready for the Gospel in our path.  He would speak through us.  He would allow the Holy Ghost to testify to our investigators of the truth of our message. Through the guidance of the Spirit, we were able to find many children of God who were ready to receive the Restored Gospel. Right now we have many investigators that have shown true potential and interest in joining the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
   Now we come to the weekend.  General Conference.  The Christmas for missionaries! I was able to watch the 4 main sessions of conference here in Con Con.  The bishop connected his computer to the tv so that all the ward and our investigators wouldn´t have to travel to Viña to watch it.  The Priesthood Session was in Viña, in the stake center.  I only had to watch one session in Spanish (phew) but surprising I could understand a majority of the session! The miracles of the Gift of Tongues.  Every single person who spoke was inspired.  I can truly testify of the chosen servants of God.  
 
  We have an investigator named Iva.  Iva has been an investigator for while now but we have only had one lesson with her, about a month ago.  She is 16 years old, her parents are separated, and she is consistently moving houses between her mom and her dad.  They both are members. Due to the hectic schedule she has, we have not been able to meet with her for the past month.  This past Friday, we invited her to Conference and she came! After the first session, we had an amazing lesson with her.  At the beginning, there were only four people participating in the lesson: Iva, a member, and us two.  By the end of the lesson, 5 other people had joined the group: the other 2 missionaries and 3 members. At the beginning of the lesson, Iva was really timid.  She didn´t answer in depth to our questions nor did she want to be baptized.  She told us that she wanted to learn more about the church before deciding.  Throughout the lesson, Iva began to ease up.  We all began to feel a special spirit that I identified as the love God has for Iva.  I bore my testimony to her about this spirit that we felt and then the spirit spoke through me.  He said "God loves you.  He has performed miracles in your life so that you can be here at this exact moment." Once she heard this, Iva began crying.  She told us of an experience she had about 4 months ago.  She said that she was walking in the middle of the night and that a drunk driver, who was driving incredibly fast, hit her.  She flew in the air and landed on the ground a few feet over.  The miracle is that she stood right up without a single scar.  She testified to us that she knew that God had saved her. That He had a purpose for her on this life.  She began to realize that baptism was a part of her purpose.  She knows the Church was restored through Joseph Smith and that the Book of Mormon contains the words of God.  She has been to sacrament many times and felt the Spirit.  She knows most all of the members.  The testimonies of the members that were in the lesson brought more confirmation to Iva´s testimony.  We ended the lesson by inviting her to be baptized the 14th and she accepted!  The Lord knew exactly what Iva needed.  He made it possible for her to watch conference. Elder River and I (if we stay) have a big week ahead of us, but we are very excited.  
 
  Due to time, I will have to cut this email short.  We have a few other investigators that have goals to baptized in April.  I will explain about them in the coming weeks!  Miracles are happening here in Con Con!  
 
  I love and pray for you all

Elder Weidman

No comments:

Post a Comment