Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

2 Nephi 30:5-6 Help others rejoice through the Gospel


Hey Family!
   This week was amazing! First I will report on the health news of my companion.  He has practically returned to full stamina! Thank you for all the prayers for him.  We have seen miracles here in Con Con even with his recovery. As you can see from the photos, one of the miracles was the baptisms of Den and Iva.  Iva had always wanted to be baptized and was very emotional the whole baptism.  A happy emotional. She asked me to baptize her and it was amazing being able to do it.  She was incredibly happy once she came out of the water.  Den was baptized by his friend who introduced the church to him.   The baptism was held during the night so that most of Iva´s family could go.  The feeling in the meeting was one of the spirit and love.  The Gospel brings families back together.  We should never forget this, and we should exercise this with our faith!  
   This past week I had an amazing interchange with Elder Faught.  Our mission president has made a goal for us called the perfect day.  The numbers for a perfect day are really high but achievable with faith.  Neither Elder Faught nor I had accomplished a perfect day before our interchange so we decided that that was the day to do it.  We started the whole day with a prayer and let Heavenly Father know that we had the faith to accomplish this task.  We asked that He would guide us through the entire day, helping us acheive this goal.  I have never had an experience so amazing in my life.  Every contact was inspired by God.  Every lesson needed to happen.  Every minute was used in order to fulfill our purpose as missionaries.  By the end of the night, we had over reached our goals.  The Lord knew exactly where we needed to be at exactly what time.  This experience has changed my whole aspect about the mission.  The only thing that stops me from fulfilling my purpose is my own faith.  It isn´t the people that don´t accept the Gospel.  It isn´t Satan sending trials everyday.  It is my dedication to my Heavenly Father.  That night, after the interchange, Elder Faught and I were extremely happy.  It wasn´t a normal type of happiness.  It was one that I had never felt before in my life. One that can only come from the love of God.  What I want everyone to know is that with faith, everything is possible.  Our faith can turn disasters into miracles. Never EVER let Satan put a single doubt into your mind.  If he does, immediately cast it away.  Focus on the Will of our Heavenly Father.  Like it promises in the scriptures, everything will be given to you if you put God first in every little thing.  Now that you have read my little mind blast about faith, live it! Act on what has come to your mind while reading this! 
   I love and pray for all of you!
Elder Weidman



No comments:

Post a Comment